There are four main things that stop WaterMinder app from sending you reminders:
- You have already reached your daily Water Intake Goal
- Reminders are switched off
- Your reminder type settings
- Weekday settings
There is a setting in WaterMinder app that stops reminders from being sent once you reach your daily Water Intake Goal. This can be changed so that you receive reminders regardless of how much you have already had to drink.
1. To change this go to Settings and tap on Reminders.
2. Tap Advanced
3. Toggle the option "Stop When 100%" on or off as required.
Reminders turned off
1. You can also switch reminders off. Go to Settings and tap Reminders.
2. Beside Reminders there is a toggle - make sure this is on.
Problems With Reminder Type Settings
WaterMinder has three reminder type settings:
Where you receive reminders at set times throughout the day. If you are using this setting and are not receiving reminders when you think you should be, check your Custom and Default reminders.
The Interval reminder Type works by setting a start and end time each day, with a fixed interval between reminders. If you are not receiving reminders as expected, check these settings.
The Water Level Reminder Type has a start and end time for each day. It then splits your daily goal by time. For example, 15% of your daily goal by 8 am. If you have reached that time goal, you won't receive further reminders until the next time trigger. Check these settings if you are using the Water Level Reminder Type but are not receiving reminders as expected.
Problem With Weekday Settings
WaterMinder lets you select the days of the week to receive reminders. If you are not receiving reminders on a particular day, it could be because of these settings. Here's how to check:
1. Go to Settings in WaterMinder and tap on Reminders
2. Tap Week Days
3. Check the days turned on and off. You will receive reminders on the days that have a tick beside them.
Still Not Working?
If the reminders are still not working after you have checked the above settings, follow the procedure below.
1. Restart the phone
2. Once the phone has restarted, go to the phone's Settings and tap on Notifications. Select WaterMinder.
4. The first option is Allow Notifications. Make sure this is toggled to the on position.
5. Alert Style When Unlocked may be set to Banners. You should change this to Alerts.