Calory lets you track your daily intake of macro nutrients in addition to tracking calories. With this feature switched on, you can keep track of your daily consumption of macro nutrients, ensuring they remain within recommended daily guidelines or within the range recommended by your physician or medical professional.
The macro nutrients that Calory helps you track includes:
- Net Carbohydrates
When you switch on Macro Tracking, Calory will set initial macro nutrient daily goals for all the above. Calory bases these default goals on data from USDA dietary guidelines.
When you switch on Macro Tracking, you can select which of the above macro nutrients to track plus you can manually adjust the daily goal for each individual macro nutrient.
Calory Recommends You Consult Your Physician or a Medical Professional
The daily goals that Calory sets for each macro nutrient are suggestions only. As every person is different, the right daily goal for you may differ from these suggestions. Things like your physical profile and overall standard of health may impact the amount of each macro nutrient you should consume each day.
Therefore, it's recommended you consult your physician or a medical professional to get personalized daily goals for each macro nutrient. You can then manually change the goal in Calory.
Macro Tracking is a Premium Feature
Macro tracking is a premium feature in Calory. To use it, you will need to purchase one of Calory's premium options. Those options include:
- Lifetime access with no subscription
- One month access with three days free
- 12 months access with one week free
Other premium features you get with Calory premium include a premium food database, unlimited plates, custom reminders, water tracking, and a today widget.
Activating Macro Tracking
Follow the steps below to purchase a premium option, turn on Macro Tracking, and customize each macro nutrient:
1. Tap on the wheel icon to go to Settings.
2. Tap Macro Tracking
3. Tap Macro Tracking again and then select the premium option you want to purchase.
4. When you activate Macro Tracking, your phone will ask you to allow Calory to access and update your Health data.
5. Back in the Calory app, you can customize each macro nutrient by tapping on the nutrient.
6. You can toggle the macro nutrient on or off
7. You can also change the goal by tapping on it.
8. Once you have Macro Tracking setup, Calory will automatically track the macro nutrients in preset foods and saved plates. You can also record macro nutrients manually, however. Click the + icon on the home screen to add a new record.
9. On the screen to add a new record, tap on the details icon.
10. You will then see a screen where you can enter details about the new record. This includes details of macro nutrients consumed.
11. Tap More to reveal additional macro nutrients.
12. Tap Log when done.
13. You can then view a summary of the macro nutrients you have consumed and logged. On the home screen, swipe from right to left on the section that shows your progress for the day.
14. You will then see summary information. Continue scrolling through each macro nutrient by swiping right to left.
Article is closed for comments.