Orbs is handy, beautiful and easy to use countdown timer app. Set the timer to make the perfect boiled egg, to help you achieve study targets, to time yourself while exercising, or anything else.
Orbs has preset timers but you can change these or add your own.
1. When you open Orbs you will see the available timers.
The preset timers are:
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1 hour
2. To start a timer, click on one of the Orbs.
3. Tap the pause icon to pause the timer.
4. Tap the tick icon to finish the timer.
5. Or let the timer run until it completes. Once the time is up, the app will play a notification sound.
6. While the timer is running you can tap minimize to go back to the main screen. The orb will continue to time.
You can even run multiple timers at once.
7. While a timer is running you can close the Orbs app to continue using your device, or you can lock your device. Once the timer is complete a notification sound will play and you will get a notification on your lock screen. A badge is also displayed on the Orbs icon.
Notification on lock screen:
Notification badge on the Orbs icon:
Note: You must give the Orbs app notification permissions in your device settings if you want to receive sound and on-screen notifications when a timer completes. You will be asked to approve this when you first install Orbs, plus you can change the settings at any time by going to Settings and Notifications on our device.
8. To change the settings of the Orbs app, tape Settings in the top left corner of the screen.
9. You will see a list of the available timers.
10. You also have options to create a new timer, contact support and rate the Orbs app.
11. To create a new timer, tap Create New Timer.
Note: you can also tap the + icon in the top right corner of the Orbs main screen to create a new timer.
12. Give the timer a name, set its duration, change the color of the timer Orb, and set the sound that should play once the timer completes. You can also set the timer to vibrate on completion, plus you can make it repeat.
13. When you are finished making your changes tap Save in the top right of the screen.
14. To edit an existing timer, click on settings and then tap on the timer you want to change.
15. Make your changes and then tap Save.
16. You can also delete the timer by tapping Delete Timer.
Article is closed for comments.