WaterMinder app has three default cup sizes but you can add Custom Cups. You can set the size of the cup as well as the type of drink (water, coffee, sports drink, etc). This will give you a more accurate measurement of your hydration levels and whether you are meeting your daily water intake goal. You can also customize the icon to make the cup easier to find.
Adding Custom Cups
1. To add a Custom Cup, go to Settings, scroll down to Cups, and tap the + icon. If you have more than four cups, you can scroll horizontally to get the + icon.
2. This brings you to the customization options for your new cup.
3. Start by giving the cup a name so you can easily identify it. Tap Name, enter a name, and tap Done. In this example, we've called it My Cup.
4. To select the drink type, tap Drink Type.
5. The default drink type is water but you have several other options. These include:
- Carbonated Water
- Coconut Water
- Sports Drink
- Energy Drink
- Protein Shake
- Skim Milk
- Hot Chocolate
Each drink has a different impact on your hydration. For example, the hydration impact of water is 1. Coffee is 0.9 as it is not as hydrating as water, while milk is 1.2 because it is more hydrating than water.
Select the drink type you want and tap Done. In this example, we are going to keep the drink as water.
6. Once you select the drink type you can check the Hydration Impact.
7. The next step is to enter the size of the new cup. Tap Drink Amount.
8. Enter the cup's size. In this example, our cup is 6 US Oz. Tap Save.
9. To change the icon type, tap Icon.
10. There are multiple icon types to choose from. Tap the one you want.
11. To edit the icon color, tap Color.
12. There are multiple colors to choose from. Tap the one you want.
13. You can also select to add a shortcut phrase to Siri and toggle on/off the option to use for Siri Watch face. There is also an option to generate a QR code that you can share with friends.
14. When you are finished customizing the cup, tap Add.
15. You will get a message asking you to confirm the addition of the cup as a Siri shortcut.
16. You will now see a new icon in Settings under Cups showing the new cup.
And on the Hydrate screen, when you tap + to record a drink, you will see the new Custom Cup as one of the options.
17. You can delete a Custom Cup by going to Settings and tapping on the Custom Cup you want to delete.
18. Scroll to the bottom of the screen until you see the delete option. Tap Delete.
19. Confirm you want to delete the cup by tapping Yes.