The WaterMinder app helps you keep track of the amount of water you drink each day to ensure you are drinking enough. It can track your intake based on your weight, or on your personal goals.
1. Once you have downloaded WaterMinder, tap on the icon on your home screen. Then tap Continue on the welcome message.
2. You will be asked if WaterMinder can access your Health data. Tap Grant Access. You'll then be taken to your phone's settings where you can give WaterMinder access to data about your health.
3. You will then be guided through the steps to set up WaterMinder. The process only takes a minute or two. Start by entering your name.
4. The next steps involve entering information about you and your lifestyle to help WaterMinder accurately calculate your daily water intake goal. Tap on your gender and tap Continue.
5. Enter your weight, as weight is an important factor in daily water intake calculations.
6. Select an activity level option that is most applicable to your lifestyle.
7. Select a climate option that best represents where you live.
8. WaterMinder will then calculate your daily water intake goal before displaying it on the screen. You can modify the goal in WaterMinder's settings, but WaterMinder uses the information you have provided to create your daily intake goal.
9. The default unit of measurement is ounces. Tap on Change unit of measurement to customize this setting.
10. Tap Continue
11. You are now ready to use WaterMinder. Tap on View Quick Tutorial to learn more about the features and how to use WaterMinder.
12. Alternatively, tap Let's Hydrate! to get started with WaterMinder
13. You will now see a message asking for your permission to let WaterMinder send you reminders. Tap Allow.
14. The main screen shows how much you have drank so far. This is represented by the image of the person and the blue fill that rises up the body, and the percentage Daily Fill bar below this.
15. When you have finished a glass of water (or any other drink), click the + icon.
Select the size of glass for it to be added to your daily total. This will update your progress.
16. At the bottom of the screen there are four options. The first is the main app screen that shows your current water intake.
17. The second is History.
This shows your daily drinking history. It allows you to see how well you spread your water intake throughout the day, and spot parts of the day that you are not drinking enough. You can also see your water intake over time so you can measure your performance, ensure you are meeting your goals, and to check that you are consistent.
You can view your water intake by Day, Week, Month, or Year.
There is also a timeline below detailing each water-drinking event.
Click on the + at the top of the screen to add any drinks that are missing from your history.
18. The third option is for Sharing, where you can invite your friends and share your hydration progress.
19. The fourth option is Achievements where you can check your challenges and achievements.
20. In Settings (the final option) you can customize the way WaterMinder works.
- Add custom cup sizes to more accurately record the amount of water that you are drinking.
- Edit your profile
- Change the way units are measured
- Edit reminders
- Edit the icon badge
- Change Siri shortcuts
- Edit the sound options
- Change the date or time
- And more
You can also
- Contact support
- Rate WaterMinder on iTunes
- Export your water intake history to a CSV file